Monday, February 13, 2012

My Valentine

Every Valentine's Day I get a special Valentine in the mail from a man who loves me so much.  My Daddy.  What makes it extra special is that I know my dad goes shopping, picks out the card, and even addresses the envelope himself.  One would have to know my dad in order to understand the complexity and motivation all of that entails for him.  He is not one to do anything for himself.

His cards always make me giggle.  Usually they are are meant for a juvenile daughter as seen below:





Or the Disney Princesses:





In his eyes, I will always be his little girl.  This year, though, the card was a little different.  It was meant for a more mature reader, but it was meant for a daughter to give to her father, not the other way around:




Either way you look at it, the message is still the same, and the "error" makes it all that more endearing.  I save each of his Valentine's cards as they are probably the only thing that has been given to me by him and him alone.  He does it without any help or coaxing from my mom.  I do believe he even places the stamp on the envelope and places the card in the mailbox himself.  And for those reasons, it makes my Valentine's Day cards from my dad, the most important cards I will ever receive. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment