Friday, May 30, 2014

Memorial Garden

Mother's Day has come and gone.  This year, somber and sad, but yet one of honor and remembrance.  I have wanted to create a memorial of some kind for my mom since she was cremated not requiring a headstone or cemetery.  For me, it was important to have her name etched in something permanent, something/some place I could visit to feel close to her.  So I ordered a personalized garden stepping stone online with plans to make a memorial garden in my yard.  After transferring her bleeding heart plant, along with her birdbath, the garden was pretty much what I had envisioned.





I also spread some of her ashes around the bleeding hearts, and I believe, this helped them bloom and survive so beautifully.  Its a perfect garden.  A perfect place.

No comments:

Post a Comment