Saturday, August 27, 2011

What I Did on My Vacation/Staycation

Time off from work is a glorious thing, and I finagled a whopping 3 weeks off from work this summer.  Believe you me, I am cherishing every single second.  Here is what I have done on my vacation:
  1. Spent quality time with quality friends
  2. Roller bladed
  3. Helped a few friends rake in a ton of dough
  4. Watched the sunset over Lake Superior (Michigan!)
  5. Saw the night sky with more stars than I have ever seen, including shooting stars (Michigan!)
  6. Stayed up late and then slept in.
  7. Read some good books (Handmaid's Tale!)
  8. Brushed the cats and got enough fur to make a million pillows (ya know, if I were to make pillows out of my cats' fur)
  9. Became laboriously addicted to Words With Friends
  10. Honed my vocabulary skills (see above number 9)
  11. Learned what "Jimp" meant (to jizz in your pants) from above #9
  12. Pined for things I do not have, but relished in what I do have.
  13. Took an entire day off from life by not answering my phone (it only rang once anyway),not talking to anyone (other than 4 words uttered to my cat), and having no responsibility.
  14. Went into a bat cave (Michigan).  Well, kind of a bat cave, more like an old mine shaft.
  15. Gave thanks for good health (mine and others).
  16. Thought about work, but only fleetingly
  17. Walked the beach of Lake Superior, both in Duluth and in Michigan
  18. Hiked the dogs nearly every day (except on my day off from life day).
  19. Went frog catching (but stopped after scaring the poor little critters so did not catch one)
  20. Got eaten alive by mosquitoes.
  21. Had an adventure for my tummy in which I tried Tofu and Mock Duck.
And the best part is, my vacation is not over yet.  I still have 2 weeks to go!!  There will likely be a part 2 of what I did on my vacation/staycation as I inch closer to heading back to the real world.
A beautiful sunset on Lake Superior
Running like Chariots of Fire on the Beach

Entering the bat cave!

Froggin'

No comments:

Post a Comment