Friday, September 2, 2011

Entering the 21st Century

An amazing thing happened this week.  It may be a decade too late, but it happened.  I stepped out of the 1980's and entered the 21st century.  My hair style has been updated.  Its been a long time coming, and something I have wanted to do ForEver, but I have never had the courage or the know-how. 

My hair has been a bone of contention for me for my whole life, and I am still not convinced I love it.  It is taking some getting used to.  Yesterday, when I got the ever important "Mom Stamp of Approval", I sighed a breath of relief.  Why my mom's opinion of my hair matters to me is a mystery, but it does. 

So today I took the plunge and got an official cut. Gone is the 80's rat's nest poofy bang, and enter the side swept bang.  Though I don't think she cut it exactly as I envisioned.  Then again, my hair is very different from the general public's hair, and it does its own thing, is far too baby fine, and is lacking a modula (the inner shaft of a hair follicle). 

So I went to my hair stylist with THIS in mind:


But I came out looking like THIS:
True facts.

I am just hoping it is a learning curve, and once I learn to style my hair better, it will look better.  At any rate, I am in the 21st century now.  My luck the poof bang will be back in style just I am learning how to do this new do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment