Sunday, July 16, 2023

Sunday Reflection premier

Getting back into blogging is something that has been in the back of my mind for quite some time, and I even have sporadically blogged from time to time.  But I would like to blog even more.  Last night, Amy had a brilliant idea that I could blog on my Sundays at work as sort of a Sunday Reflection, which is also a lovely form of self care for me.   Once I finished all my office work for the day, I decided to do just that.  Over my lunch hour, of course!  

This is the result.

As many bloggers will tell you, one of the first blogs after not blogging for a while is usually about wanting to blog and not blogging.  This one is no exception.  I seem to be stuck with what I want to write about, or rather with what will flow out so that is always a good starting topic to help get unstuck.

Why am I stuck?  I don't know.  I think its because my own self judgment comes in and I get weirded out about what I am writing, how it will look, and what others will think.  Then, I reread some of my old blogs, and feel inspired, and actually get amazed that I was able to produce such posts.  How can I possibly keep producing worthwhile posts?  These are just rambling thoughts to ramble about to help my very first Biweekly Sunday Reflection.  

I like writing, and have yearnings to be an author.  Not really, but kind of.  A friend's husband of mine just cranked out a series of books, got them published and now they are selling on Amazon.  I think that is so cool! (I would read them, but they are so not my kind of genre....fictional military strategic risk type genre).   I don't really want to do that, but feel I am a writer in the depths of my soul.  My own judgment says I am not, but I heard a quote the other day that said, "If you write, you're a writer".  So write I shall.  And a writer I shall be.  

So I am at work.  Writing.  About nothing.  Just letting words flow from my head through my fingers, and I am hoping in time this will feel less clunky with more fluidity.  These few words that have been "penned" has taken me over 30 minutes to formulate.  

Sundays in the office are quiet.  Literally nobody else here right now.  As I sit in an office made for 7 people, I am farting audibly.  The other office area has one other person who did come in to share some funny, weird stories from her day.  After coming from 24  years in mental health, her funny, crazy stories pale in comparison.   Still, moving forward, Sundays will be a great day to dedicate some uninterrupted time to blog.  With more practice and opportunity, will come more clarity and ease.  

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go visit some dying people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment