Friday, February 25, 2011

Just Because Its There

There are many different food items that I have banned myself from having in my house.  Those are the food items I will eat and eat and eat until they are gone.  Two days ago, I found a new self banned food.  Fruit snacks.  The generic Wal-Mart brand Smiles fruit snacks that is really just a ball of high fructose corn syrup.  They come in a box of 24 count.  This morning, after just consuming 4 of them for breakfast, I now have 3 left.  I'm no mathematician, but I believe that means I ate 21, yes 21, snack size bags of smileys in about 24 hours.  Hence, they are now banned.  I have no control over them. 

In addition to those fruit snacks, I have decided to put together a list of my self banned food items for that very reason.  Not in any particular order:

1.  Aforementioned Fruit snacks.
2.  Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (that doesn't stand a chance).
3.  Lucky Charms (OK, most sugary cereals are banned, but these two are tops).
4.  Chocolate of any kind (only an unopened bag of chocolate chips is safe, and at that, its barely hanging on).
5.  Any kind of Halloween Candy except those orange and black peanut butter kiss things.  Those things are just gross and is the only candy that could survive longer than a year with me.
6.  Little Debbie Snacks
7.  Girl Scout Cookies (mostly Samoas)
8.  Cadbury Creme Eggs
9.  Cadbury Eggs (not the creme kind, but the delicious chocolate kind).
10.  Mini Robin's Eggs (ya know, the malted milk ball kind...YUM!).
11.  Cherry licorice Nibs.
12.  Peanut M & M's
13.  Oreos
14.  Carmel Corn
15.  And the biggest Banned Food Item........Dun Dun Dun......Ice Cream (though I have learned how to have it in the freezer for longer than a day.  Give it a week tops).

Now I am sure that list could go on and on and on, but I think you get the idea.  I'm also certain there are big ones I neglected to put on the list.  Grapes could have made that list because I eat them uncontrollably too, but since they are fruit, and kind of healthy, they are not banned.

Tums could have made the list as well.  Not because I need to eat them for indigestion (though you would think I would need them), but because I once ate them uncontrollably while at work.  Someone had a bottle of Tums, and I would eat one or two whenever I walked by the bottle.  I think I ate probably 12 Tums in one night.  No lie.  Just because they were there.

1 comment:

  1. Omg, TUMS?!?! Why?? Are they delicious? Am I missing out?

    ReplyDelete