Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jesus Gets Another Kitty (and Other Short Stories From Behind the Locked Door)

A few years ago, a coworker with a dark sense of humor retired.  Her dream following retirement was to write a short book and title it "Jesus Gets Another Kitty" since so many of the kids we see have maimed so many kittens.  Its not uncommon to hear about how a kid nuked a cat in the microwave or have otherwise tortured the poor souls. 

When this coworker retired, I had a crazy notion to help her get started on her book, and I had a head full of ideas about some of the illustrations.  My problem:  I can't draw.  Therefore, I enlisted the help of my friend, Amy, to draw the ideas that were circulating in my head.  She captured them purrfectly.....uh, perfectly. 

Enjoy the visual experience of Jesus Gets Another Kitty (title by Annie, Ideas by me, illustrations by Amy).......



The Cover.  Here we see Jesus with his new unfortunate feline......


Our proud hellion nuking the poor cat.....




The precocious unsuspecting cutie sending the cat off to space.....


The emo teenager just giving the pussy a ride.....



In the end, the cat gets revenge.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment