Saturday, May 28, 2011

Secret Things I Really Want to do, but Probably Never Will.....

There are some things in life that I would really like to try, but chances are I will never get the skill or the opportunity for most of them.

1).  I want to draw.  My whole life, I have been so amazed and a little jealous by those who can draw.  People say I would be able to draw, too, if only I practiced.  I disagree.  Now that I am older, I think my drawing skills are impossible.  Kind of like language.  Use it or lose it, and I lost it long ago.  A kid at work once gave me a step by step drawing manual for how-to-draw-a-stick-figure.  My drawing skills have advanced since then to this:
So, yeah, to be able to draw a little more sophisticated would be nice.

2).  I don't believe in having exotic animals as household pets, but I think it would be snazzy to meet that animal guy who makes appearances on all the talk shows, Jack Hannah. He'd let me pet a wild cat or hold a baby monkey.  You know, one that won't tear my face apart.  To feed any wild baby animal a bottle would be the cat's meow. 

3).  After watching Wipeout on TV, I have decided that I would like to try a Wipeout course.  Not a televised version, but one that I could do so that millions of people don't see me making a fool of myself.  Not sure why exactly I want to attempt something that has people doing unplanned back bends where their feet touch their heads, but I think giving it a try would be fun. Of course, I'd have to plug my nose whenever I got thrown into the the drink.  Plus, it would be fun to say I survived the Big Balls.

4).  Dancing.  I secretly want to be on Dancing With the Stars.  Only I am not a star so that remains a problem.  I'd love to learn how to ballroom dance and shake what my mama gave me (which isn't much, or rather which is TOO much).  Sure there are local classes that teach this stuff, but I don't have a partner to learn it with.  Plus, my hands don't like to move at the same time as my feet so dancing is a huge challenge for me.  I'd need a very patient tolerant teacher who could put up with my whining and moaning.

5).  This is the one item on my list that could potentially become a reality.  Acting.  One of my favorite things to do is go to plays at our local Playhouse.  Each play is outstanding and inevitably I leave there with such a lighter spirit that it inspires me to want to be a part of that feeling.  Nothing in the spotlight, but just as an extra in the cast would be about the coolest thing.  A small company dance number, a small company singing number, bows at the end of the performance, applause, the whole shebang.  Hey, if I did a dance number IN the play, I'd kind of achieve my dancing wish as well. 

When I make my first appearance on the stage, I'll let ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment