Thursday, November 4, 2010

Snap, Crackle, Pop

Yesterday I went to get "de-clicked".  My hip has been clicking something awful.  No pain, just a continuous "click, click, click" when I walk.  Its so annoying and also a reminder that I am aging.  Along with a clicky hip, I also have a clicky jaw.  TMJ.  Its been getting worse to the point that it clicks when I yawn, eat, and even talk.  Also super annoying.

I figured a chiropractor could help me de click both my hip and my jaw.  Initially I was very skeptical of the credentials of a chiropractor, but after he cured my aching back 2 years ago, I have complete faith.  If you have never been to one before, the positions and popping noises may look and sound like cruel and unusual punishment.

My chiro stands well over 6 feet tall and has the strongest hands I have ever felt.  Allowing such a giant to wrap his strong hands around my neck and basically snap it, creating that dreadful popping noise, is an act of great trust.  Especially since upon entering the office, you have to sign a waiver stating he is not responsible for accidentally snapping your entire head off your shoulders. 

Thankfully that didn't happen. 

In due time, I hope to be able to once again enjoy a full yawn, once again walk with silent steps, once again experience an entire day without a headache. 

My giant cured me once; I know he'll cure me again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment