Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Thanksgiving Miracle That Time Almost Forgot.

About a week ago, I lost my watch.  Its just a cheapie Timex watch so not a big loss, but because I live my life almost to the exact minute, it felt as though I lost a one of a kind Rolex.  I figured one of the cats must have stolen my watch so I looked in all the usual cat hiding places:  Under the Fridge, Behind the Couch, and Under my Dresser.  All came up empty.  Well, empty of the watch.  However, I did find a pair of scissors, a bracelet and several dust bunnies.

All of my spare watches had dead batteries so I had to suffer for an entire week without a watch. I felt naked.  I even survived work without having a miniature clock on my wrist to dictate my every move.  Honestly, I did not think I would make it though the weekend, but I managed.  Though not without looking at my bare naked wrist about four dozen times each day.

Because I often go hiking or skiing after work, I carry along a prepacked bag of winter gear to save on time and maximize the use of the limited after work daylight.  A bag I refer to as my "diaper bag".  When I come in the house, I will find a convenient spot on the floor for my diaper bag, and a few days ago I placed it on my kitchen floor where it sat idle for a few days before I moved it to my bedroom floor....where it sat idle for a few more days.

Today I awoke to freshly fallen snow that begged to be shoveled.  As I dug into the diaper bag full of winter gear, I found my watch!  The cats batted it off the kitchen counter into the bag. 

I was so delighted.  I lovingly held my watch as I participated in the happiest of happy dances, kissed its glorious face, and welcomed it home where it belonged.  Right on my pasty white pale winter wrist.

Its a True Thanksgiving Miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment