Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bitchin' Immunity

Is it so wrong for me to be jealous of my friend's who are home sick?  (And by that I mean those who are home from work sick, not those who are missing their home.)  I want to be sick too, dammit!  Only, I want to be sick on My Terms.  Translated, that means, "sick on my days to go to work".  That way I can call in legitimately ill, lay on the couch (or bed) all day, and rest.  Oh, yeah, and get paid for it.  Since my sick hours are once again maxed out, I am not earning any more sick time. 

Friday I spent almost 12 hours with a now-sick-friend.  Most of which were spent in a tightly enclosed space; my car.  We shared the same air almost all day long and sucked on the same beverage straw.  After she informed me she was getting ill, I secretly hoped I would get ill too.  It just doesn't happen.

Kind of like when I was a kid and my mom exposed me to all the neighborhood kids who acquired chicken pox.  I never caught them, and have yet to experience the chicken pox.  Thankfully I have the vaccine now, because adult chicken pox could be deadly.

I better be careful what I wish for.  I could end up with adult chicken pox on my days off.  That would totally suck.  Instead, I'll settle for a stuffy nose on a work day, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment