Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Devil or Angel?

Another snowfall, another night time winter wonderland walk for me.  Walking around the neighborhood, at night, after a snowfall is breathtaking.  Its hard not to be mesmerized by the light of the ambien glow and from the glow of  the Christmas lights.  Except for the hum of distant snowblowers and the occasional brave car, there is just a peaceful blanket of quiet in the air.  Straight from a scene out of "Its a Wonderful Life" (well, without the contemplative suicide).

The whole neighborhood is outside for the common purpose of digging out from underneath the paralyzing snow.  If you are lucky, you have what I call a "neighborhood snow angel" and I don't mean the kind you make while laying down in the snow.  Its the neighbor with the snowblower who decides to go above and beyond by blowing out the entire block.

My neighbor is wearing only half a halo and half of his wings.  He decided to blow out himself and only half of the block.  My house sits in the middle of the block, and wouldn't ya know it, he stopped right before my portion of the block.  I shouldn't complain too much as I AM able bodied and my immediate next door neighbor happens to be a very old single lady.  She deserves to be assisted, but dang, that's like losing the championship game by one lousy point.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment