Saturday, September 3, 2011

Letting Go is Not Easy

Dearest Poofy Bang,
I miss you so much!  I cannot get used to this new intruder, the side sweeper.  Desperate as I am to embrace and welcome this foreign being, I just cannot summon the same feelings I had for you.  You were easy, comfortable, and made me feel polished.  Though I know it was your time to go, I just had to make my feelings clear.  After spending over 3 whole decades together, you are hard to let go.  I'm hoping it is just a matter of time before I develop the same affection for my new found bangs.

Ode to the Poof

Dearest Poof, Oh how I miss you so!
It is so hard to let you go.
With your slight curl and ratty way,
Birds could play in there all day!

Full of spray and a mile high
You could almost touch the sky!
A sticky mess when you'd get wet
But to me you were heaven sent.

I'm hoping my new side sweeper
Will better show off my Peepers.
More easy flowing and care-free
I still look like Peppermint Patty.





1 comment:

  1. Awesome Ode. Nice work!! Maybe by the time you get used to the sweeper the puffy will be back!

    ReplyDelete