Thursday, September 8, 2011

What I Did for Week 3 of my Vacation/Staycation

Only one more day of bliss.  One more day to do whatever whenever however.  No time table to keep to, no alarm to wake to, no kids to strap down on a bed.  I was blessed to have very good weather for the duration of my vacation and I certainly made the most of each day. 

Week 3 was a little more of the same, but the following is the remainder of the list of what I Did on My Summer Vacation:

  1. I totally forgot to mention on my first list that I mastered the technique of peeing in the woods.  I'll spare you the details, but I successfully tinkled several times without splashing pee all over myself.
  2. See #1 above....I peed on Park Point today....
  3. I got some Mom Time in which is always a blessing
  4. I mourned the loss of my 80's bangs, but grew to embrace and enjoy my side sweepers.
  5. Walked bare foot on the beach.
  6. Sat on a rock overlooking the city contemplating how little grasshoppers look like tiny robots.
  7. Snuggled with Tino on the chillier mornings under the blankies.
  8. Part way winterized my garden
  9. Appreciated each and every second and gave thanks for the sunshine.
  10. Mentally prepared for the return to work.
  11. Plucked 235,123 grey hairs from my head....man oh man, they popped out like whoa recently
  12. Finished yet another book.  Ahhhh.
It went so fast, and now I can look forward to having days off.  I keep having to remind myself that just because I head back to work, doesn't mean that I will never a day off again.  Back to the Salt Mines I go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment