Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Evolution of a Permed Mall Bang Addict

BEWARE: BLOG CONTAINS SCARY PHOTOS THAT MAY CAUSE PERMANENT EYE DAMAGE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!
As previously posted (I don't know how to link up past blogs yet), I have been pretty candid about my addiction with having mall bangs. Still to this day, I have those fluffy bangs. There have been many attempts to break the cycle of drying, curling and fluffing; but it never fails, I go back to my old ways within a matter of days.

Here is my evolution in pictures. The first few photos are not horrible, and some are even kinda cute. I can't say the same for the final few pictures so let this be your warning.


Here I am at age 1. Not adorable. In fact, my mom always thought I looked like I had Down Syndrome. I think I look like I have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Either way, there appears to be a syndrome of some kind......


Age 3. Cute and adorable even with the owie on my chin. I fell off the counter helping my mom bake cookies. Don't we all have a scar on our chin?


Ok. Kinda cute here. Age 6. Donning a sailor dress and long hair. Mall bangs and perms have yet to touch this virgin hair.


First Haircut. Actually this was supposed to be a mullet cut, but the beautician did not understand my mom's instructions and gave me this short cut instead. I cried because I wanted long hair, but in hindsight, it may have been a blessing. No mullets for me!


My hair is growing a little at this point, and its almost long enough to get a perm....


Ahhhhh, there it is! My first Perm. That was either 3rd or 4th grade. Notice how much body that perm gave me? That was the beginning of the addiction.


Fast Forward to around the 8th grade. Oooff Da! This is what years of bad perms can do to a person. Look at that frizz! I look like a mature dandelion. Blow on me, and all my hair may scatter about. Actually, it almost did....


Complete with teenage acne and a butterfly necklace. Its a wonder I wasn't the laughing stalk of Jr. High.


As seen previously, this was my final perm experience. The many years of perms created brittle hair that broke off leaving an asymmetrical "cut". This picture was my first time wearing my hair down which brought attention to how fried my hair was. Better to have fried hair than a fried brain I suppose. I could have been an 80's TV commercial though: This is your hair. This is your hair on perms. Any questions?


Sadly this is my graduation picture. I clearly remember doing my hair that day. I actually lowered the height of my bangs for my grad photos.

One of these days may find me with a hair make over. I'm not there quite yet. At least I have given up on the perms.

3 comments:

  1. Oh and it's freaking me out that you look exactly the same age in most of the pictures...weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not agree.

    I think you look a absolutely adorable right from the start!
    Best wishes from Eva

    ReplyDelete