Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Morning Duet

Certain sounds, when they wake me up in the morning, are detested. Falling under this category would be the alarm clock, the phone ringing, and the sound of cats barfing. The alarm clock and the phone always causes a startle making my heart accelerate. Not a good feeling right away in the morning. The sound of cats barfing causes slouching shoulders and a sinking heart. I think we all know that sound. The unmistakable sound of a cat's stomach repeatedly pumping up in their throat followed by the expulsion of said stomach contents. Its gross. Pure and simple. To hear that right away in the morning does not make for a good start to the day. The only positive spin I can put on it is if the vomit ends up landing on the linoleum kitchen floor as opposed to the carpeting. It makes for a much easier clean up.

I'd much rather wake up to the sound of cats purring, thunder, or birds singing. Today the birds were my alarm clock. No matter how early birds start singing, it always brings a smile to my face. Always. Just laying in bed listening to the Robins chirping back and forth is heartwarming. As an encore, Tino decided he wanted to snuggle so I was blessed with a Spring time Duet of Tino purring with back up by the Robins....at 5 AM. I loved it and look forward to many more Morning Duets.

No comments:

Post a Comment