Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Daily Visitor

Almost every single day of the week, I look forward to a visitor. This visitor usually brings me gifts of some kind which is why my anticipation is heightened. Some gifts are unexpected treasures that brighten up my day. Other presents are not so much fun. Nonetheless (who really uses that word?), I look forward to my visitor each day.

Sundays bring some disappointment because I know for a fact that my caller will not be coming to my house that day. Rumor has it that there is a possibility my visitor may not be able to come on Saturdays anymore either which will undoubtedly lead to a very long weekend. On the bright side, it will make Mondays that much more pleasant.

Today, I was eagerly awaiting my visitor. I saw her coming up the road to deliver my daily gift! My eyes widened in curiosity of what she would bring for me. With some exaggeration I will say that my heart began to beat a few beats faster. Imagine my extreme disappointment as she passed right on by my house without even stopping. The nerve!

My heart sank, my shoulders slumped, and I let out a sigh as she delivered some gifts to my neighbor. No mail for me today. Maybe Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment