Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Three Selves

I heard a quote the other day that went something like this:
"We are all 3 people. The person You think I am. The person I think I am. And the person I really am. The closer those three people are to one another, the more successful and happy you will be."

I really liked that quote, but am a little bit embarrassed to admit that I heard it on Oprah the other day. Even more embarrassing is that Kenny Rogers said it while referring to Dolly Parton (saying her three people were very close together). So I don't often admit to the origin of that quote, but found it pretty profound.

My goal is to try to merge my three selves so they are close to one another. Honestly, I don't think my three selves are that far from one another, but know they could be more tightly knit.

I'm not quite ready to blog about the differences in my three selves, but within me, I know where the controversy exists. Who would have ever thunk that Kenny Rogers would have me reflecting on ways to improve my own happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment