Thursday, May 13, 2010

When Talent Scouts Come Knocking

Have you seen this kid? He is quite simply Amazing.



With You Tube these days, people can be over night super stars. This kid, Grayson Chance, is an internet sensation and even made his debut on Ellen today. He's only Ten.

When I was 10, I was singing to Reba McEntire songs from a cassette tape in my bedroom with a hair brush. I had visions that there were talent scouts hiding in my wooded backyard looking for the next singing prodigy. Oh, but I would be fooling all those talent scouts! You see, I was only LIP SYNCING the words so it really looked as if I had the voice of Reba! When those scouts found out I wasn't really singing, they wouldn't care because I had impeccable lip syncing ability. I would be the next Milli Vanilli. Complete with dance moves and everything.

Despite my many delusions, those scouts never appeared. If only You Tube existed back when I was an aspiring artist. I very well could have been an overnight lip syncing phenomenon, and could be working as a famous impersonator on the Las Vegas Strip today.

Good luck to you, Mr. Grayson Chance! I'm sure there are bigger venues in your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment