Friday, December 23, 2011

Stands to Reason

My parents are the most difficult people in the world to buy gifts for, but I think my dad even has my mom trumped in that department.  Buying gifts for him is extremely difficult.  Every year at this time I get a call from my brother who asks me for ideas.  Of course I keep the good ideas for myself, and by the time those are used up, I am fresh out of good ideas. 

So when that predictable annual call came this year, I, naturally, had no ideas.  My brother called my mom, my aunt (my dad's sister), and me all for advice on what to get Dad.  We all came up empty.

Then my brother informs me that he is going to call on someone he sought advice from last year.  Someone who gave him some pretty decent ideas. 

The local Bartender.

My brother and I chuckled at the absurd reality that the Bartender knows our dad better than anybody in our entire family.  But the fact is, he has always spent more time at the bar anyway, so it stands to reason I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe...sad. But Hilarious. I'm so glad you seem to be blogging more often!

    ReplyDelete