Wednesday, September 22, 2010

All Good Things....

All Good Things must come to an end, and mine comes to an abrupt halt on Friday. One more day of pure bliss and relaxation before I head back to work after nearly a month's hiatus. It has been wonderful.

During my break, I said hello to friends I hadn't seen in forever while also saying goodbye to an old friend. I spent time with family and got my house in the best shape it has been in since probably before I moved in. (Oh, there was also plenty of time for blogging and bejeweled too.)

Though it was relaxing and fun, I kept busy reconnecting with the now colorful hiking trails with friends and pups. That is something that I neglected for quite some time before my vacation. The impact that connecting with nature has on my sanity has never been more apparent, and it is something I must remember when cross country skiing season approaches. The past few years I have found myself skiing less and less.

For the first time in several years, I did not get the "August Blahs". Perhaps it was because I was in Vegas and anticipating a second stay-cation just weeks later. For years, when August presents itself, my mood plummets. Last year the "blah-ness" was better than in years past, but this year I can say it was totally absent (minus the acceptable sads for the loss of Punky).

This month has been my mental health month which I desperately needed, in part for some unexpected losses, but mostly just to rejuvenate and reenergize. It felt good. I feel good. And I think I'm even ready to return to work. After tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment