Sunday, September 19, 2010

Theraputic Purging

Now that Punky is gone, I have kind of been in a purging phase. Purging you ask? Like throwing up my food? No sir. I would never throw up my food intentionally. I love it too much. I'm purging stuff. And it feels gooooood.

It all started when I decided to get new carpet since the old gal is gone therefore not throwing up on the new stuff. Plus the old stuff was beyond ready to be purged since it had one too many barf-o-rama stains on it.

To prepare for the carpet install, I needed to remove all my furniture which led to furniture rearrangement. My house is tiny, and my living room is very oddly shaped with door frames and entry points breaking up the flow. As a result, I am stuck as far as practical furniture placement is concerned, but I am determined to have a different look in my living room when all is said and done. By George, I think I have succeeded. Simply by removing one item and moving locations of another, I think I'm satisfied.

All of that led to cleaning out of various filing cabinets, drawers, and to-be-decided piles. Things I haven't touched in months or years are being given away, donated or up for sale with my good buddy, Craig. As in Craig's List.

It feels good to get rid of Stuff and for some reason it has provided me with a good distraction and some excitement which has been helpful these days following Punky's departure. I feel lighter and freer and love getting rid of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment