Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Vacation!

For one week I have been on vacation and I will continue to be on vacation for another whole week. Each day has proven to be busy and enjoyable. If it was financially feasible, I would totally retire. I'm not one of these people who will be working past retirement age simply to feel important or needed. Definitely not.

Much to my delight, I have taken a complete break from my job. Meaning I have not given thought to work very much (I'd be lying if I said not at all. I'm blogging about it after all). More than that, though, I don't really care. What I hear about work, I brush off my shoulder and think, "huh, I'm on vacation. Oh well." Its nice. Only one dream have I had regarding work.

Once again, I am reminded how blessed my life is with good friends. I have been unusually social during my hiatus, and each day I find myself making plans with yet another friend, acquaintance, cohort. Its amazing.

The one friend I wanted to be sure to touch base with during this time is my best friend, Mindy. We haven't seen each other since she had her second child 4-5 months ago. I called her. She hasn't called me back. Unaware of Vegas. Unaware of Punkin. Unaware in general. We're best friends by default, but really neither one of us know each other anymore. We've been friends since 1st grade, I was her maid of honor, and we still refer to each other as "bestest friends", but are we really?

Best friends are those that are there when you need them; when you're hurting; when you're happy; when you're bored. I have many best friends, but miss my bestest friend.

OK, so this took a complete deviation from vacation to best friends. Ahem. I'm free writing tonight.

Back to vacation! I am looking forward to my busy next week off and am going to try not to count down the days until I return to work. It'll be hard to return to "the unit" after my break, but I also know it'll feel good in a weird way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment