Sunday, September 19, 2010

Joining 'em

I've had it. I've tried everything. Squirt bottles, spankings, sticky tape, and even upside down car Mats. All of those are attempts to protect my furniture from the savage beast that is Muffin (and partly Tino too). Muffy is relentless. Relentless I tell you! Despite all my protective gear, she has broken through causing visible beginning stage Shredded Couch Syndrome. Its her work of art; her Picasso. Today I beefed up security and nailed kitchen size rugs onto my couch. They match pretty well and actually look better than all my other feeble attempts.

My hesitation with that is this: Putting carpet on my couch is going to encourage her scratching. My answer to that is this: She is doing damage despite all other discouragements. At least the rugs will protect the couch a while longer.

For five years I have tried to beat her. Not physically beat her. Just beat her at her game. She won this time. So, what is that old saying, "If you can't beat 'em, put rugs on your couch"?

No comments:

Post a Comment