Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cherrio Faces and Fake Martinis

I just returned from a most fabulous vacation to Las Vegas! Ever since I came home, all I can think about is returning. We had such a grand time. Not since my trip to New Orleans several years ago have I been this excited about a trip. We are a pretty tame bunch of folks so there aren't wild and crazy stories to share. Aside from the wedding I attended, Cirque Du Soleil's "O", Blue Man Group, and Penn and Teller, the highlight of my trip can be summarized by M & M's, Cheerios and a Martini.

Let me explain. In reverse order.



The Martini. This was not my drink, though I pretended it was. My friend and I were sitting on a balcony watching a free water show at the Wynn. We technically should have bought a drink, but we were too cheap to splurge on a beverage at the Wynn being they are all hoity toity. So this lady and her husband got up from a table and we swooped our way in, took hold of their beverage glasses, and pretended they were ours. When we changed tables to get a better view, we made sure to grab "our" empty drink glasses. Your average Vegas goer would have ordered a drink from the bartender, but we are not your average Vegas goers. Made for a good laugh and lasting memory.



The Cheerio Face. I fell in love with a Cheerio face. We were eating Honey Nut Cheerios one morning and some fell to the floor in a random pattern that resembles a happy face. No special effects. Just a random face. I loved the little guy. I would have married him had it been legal to wed a Cheerio face in Vegas. The picture of my Cheerio Man is my favorite picture of my entire trip. I even took a video clip of the little fella.

M&Ms. There is a create your own M&M machine at M&M world in Las Vegas. You know, the kind where you can put your own sayings and logos on the tiny piece of candy coated deliciousness? Well, I wanted to get a gift for my cat sitter so I thought that would be perfect. So as I am creating my message, this guy asks if he can video tape me. For what? I ask. He tells me I am the very first customer to use the create your own message machine and he wants to video tape it so I let him. Nevermind I had forgotten to put deodorant on, had wet hair, and didn't put any make up on that morning. He informs me that the video will be used inside the store and will also be sent to Disney World (Or Land. Or Both.) for use there as well. Super cool! Then he had me write down my name, address, and phone number so that he could send me a care package. Neato!

Sooooo, next time you are in Vegas or Disney and see a video of some deodorantless girl with wet hair, an empty martini glass and married to a Cheerio Face, you'll know its me.

No comments:

Post a Comment