Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Not-So-Eensie-Weensie-Spider

When throwing my laundry in the washing machine today, a large basement spider revealed himself to me on the top of the heaping pile of dirty clothes inside the machine. 

I could have rescued him. 

And normally I don't take to killing things, even ugly spiders.  You know that scene in "The Secret Life of Bees" where May puts a trail of marshmallows for the spiders (or maybe they were cockroaches?) to make their way safely out the door? 

Yeah, that could be me. 

Only it wasn't. 

Instead, I quickly turned on the warm water, added detergent, and even added bleach in attempts to poison the poor critter.  I laundered that little fella.  Hopefully it does him in and his poor spider parts get shredded apart to be drained away during the spin cycle. 

Otherwise I will be wearing the remains of an innocent spider inside my underwear.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you give birth to SpiderMan JR we will know what happened...

    ReplyDelete