Friday, March 11, 2011

Putting Round Things in Square Things Doesn't Always Work

Another kitchen failure for me.  I attempted to make an apple pie with some prepackaged pie crust that I took out of the freezer and some canned apple pie filling.  Oh yeah, I go all out in the kitchen I tell you.  Part of me just doesn't care and the other part of me wants to be a Domestic Kitchen Goddess where everything I touch turns into crack for the taste buds.

When making a pie, a pie plate is a necessity.  A necessity I do not own.  Instead, I used a square 9 inch brownie pan for the circular prepackaged pie crust.  It didn't fit perfectly, but it would do.  So I put the bottom round crust in the pan, poured all the contents out of the can, put the top crust on, stuck it in the oven, and hoped for the best.

Actually, it didn't turn out too horribly.  It kind of worked and instead of eating it in pie shaped pieces, I eat it in square cake like shapes.  How else ya gonna cut it?


Somehow, though, a square pie just does not taste the same even with massive Cool Whip globbed on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment