Thursday, March 10, 2011

How Adam Lambert Ruined American Idol

OK, so I don't focus on pop culture much, but thought this was important enough to write about.  Adam Lambert killed American Idol forever.  Casual viewers might not notice, and some others might blame the absence of Simon for its demise, but for me, Adam murdered it.

Adam.  He isn't fashioned with a studded codpiece here.  At least that we can see.

The reason for this is quite simple.  Nobody else can live up to him.  Nobody will be able to top his eccentric, unpredictable, electrifying performances.  The boy has kind of let me down with his post Idol career, but he is the most talented Idol contestant. Ever.

This season's Top 13 are good.  They all sing well.  Some even have the anticipation factor that makes you eager to see what they are going to do next, but none to the degree that Adam did.  Every time he donned the Idol stage, he slayed it.  From his costume, to the performance, to the Adam Lambert Scream, that boy slayed it.

I still anticipate him to come into his own and be at the top of his game, I just thought he would be there already.  In no way am I the biggest Adam Lambert fan ever, but he did change American Idol.  He changed for it for good by raising the bar so high that those who follow, fall short. 

And that is my pop culture rant.  Hmmmpfh.

2 comments:

  1. you are amazing :P
    check my blog on www.c-musicreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I checked out your blog as well. Very cool. Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete