Monday, March 7, 2011

Orgasmic Pleasures

When I still lived at home, my mom and I would have little peanut butter races to see who could be the first person to dig their knife into that unopened jar of deliciousness.  Whoever was first would always leave a little "gotcha" message in the peanut butter itself.  A jagged "haha" or smiley face would await the loser.  There are few worse disappointments than opening that jar up thinking you were the first only to find that taunting message.  I don't have anybody to have peanut butter races with anymore, but there are a few other simple pleasures that bring about a similar feeling.

Its not often I get sunburned, and when I do get burned, it usually turns to tan.  How very fortunate I am.  Except, I love peeling off the dead layers.  The crispier the better!  Since I live in Northern Minnesota, it is a near impossibility to get sunburned 9 months out of the year so I would recreate that sensation with glue.  You've done it too, and you know it.  Elmer's Glue, on your hands, let it dry, and peel.  Its fun and it serves to clean your hands while you're at it.  I've even put Elmer's Glue on my face.  Fun times.  There is nothing quite like peeling dead sunburned skin. . . . .

. . .Except the feeling of pulling a stray strand of hair out of your nose or ear.  Ohhhhh, that sensation is glorious!  When I was younger, I would even put a single strand of hair in my various facial orifices just to be able to pull it out again.  However, that never had the same accomplished feeling as when one was a random menace.

For me, the most pleasurable feeling occurs when I am shoveling.  Not just any regular snowfall.  Digging the shovel underneath large plates of packed, icy, chunky chunks is so rewarding.  My neighbor and I would often shovel in tandem.  Her in her driveway and me in mine.  We both loved shoveling those big chunks that had been packed down by repeatedly driving on them.  To finally reach the bare driveway was....orgasmic.  Yes, orgasmic.  For real.

From peanut butter, to Elmer's glue, to hair in the nose, to shoveling chunky snow chunks......all simple pleasures of orgasmic proportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment