Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Hour My Style

Another Friday night, another Happy Hour.  I'm not talking the happy hour at the neighborhood bar or even the happy hour where appetizers are half price.  No, instead, I refer to the new Happy Hour I look forward to every Friday night.  Its the Bejeweled Happy Hour on Facebook where the x2 enhanced feature is FREE!  Usually it costs 7500 coins (coins you rack up by obsessive playing), but every Friday, they are free.  Go me.


Its a sad life I lead.  This Friday evening, I am bored silly.  Its a good measure of others who have uneventful lives to see who else may be updating their statuses on Facebook on Fridays and Saturdays.  Mostly, though, those are the people who are home with their families.  Or, if they are single like me, they are experiencing a very real hour of happiness.  They are likely NOT enjoying my same Happy Hour. 

In addition to keeping up with the ever exciting world of Facebook, tonight I have taken to reading blogs.  Sometimes its fun to read random blogs, but tonight I went back and reread the other blogs I follow.  That, in turn, inspired me to blog.  My problem is that I couldn't figure out what to write about.  A Bejeweled Happy Hour just is not that exciting.  Yet, it made for an OK blog post I guess. 

Certainly there are other, more productive things I could (and should) be doing, but getting to the top of the leader board on all my online games has become somewhat of a priority for me.  Don't get me wrong, I am not a huge gamer by any means, and once I achieve top billing, my games take a very big back seat.  Truth be told, I am already at the top of my Bejeweled leader board. But, as in life, I like to have a good savings of coins so that when Tuesday rolls around (the day the leader board resets), I will have a surplus to achieve first place once again.

Yes, my self esteem is based largely on my first place statuses of online games.  Now that I am in first place and my blog has been blogged, it is time to go pet the cats.  Sigh.

2 comments: