Saturday, March 5, 2011

Forcing It

Even more than writing a blog, I enjoy reading them.  Only a few of my friends have blogs, and I follow another blog of a complete stranger, but that just does not satisfy me.  I want more.  I want more blogs to read, but frankly, I can't find another random one that holds my interest.  So now I have become a blog pimp.  Yup, forcing other friends of mine to blog simply so that I can fulfill my insatiable blog appetite.

One friend of mine does not seem to want to get into the blogging world despite my desperate attempts to make her blog.  Hell, I even created her main blog page for her....including the name. With her consent and approval of course.  For her, I think blogging would be rather cathartic.  She is able to express herself much easier with the written word than with the spoken word, and a blog would be an ideal means of expression.    Still, she has no interest. 

The other day she was at my house and I showed her how pretty her blog was.  She agreed it did indeed look nice.  Then I proceeded to demonstrate how easy it was to write an entry; thus, I wrote her first blog entry!  She left that night with the assignment to blog when she got home.   Each day I eagerly anticipate a new exciting blog to read, but alas, no go.

I guess you can't force these things even though I desperately want to force it.  Maybe I'll start writing on her blog as though I am her and fool myself.  Naw, I'd be wise to that.

2 comments: