Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Erasable Moments

You know those moments during the course of the day where you say something you regret almost instantly? Those Why-the-HELL-did-I-say-that moments that replay in your mind over and over again turning into an obsession all its own? Perhaps its a rude comment to a friend or maybe its a piece of gossip you should have kept private. More simply, maybe its just a remark that brings embarrassment to your own self.

I am going to be a billionaire one day because I am going to invent a big giant eraser that is capable of wiping out those moments. Capable of retracing each conversation throughout the day and simply erasing those things we wish we could take back. Erasing the hurt. Erasing the disappointment. Erasing the embarrassment. Until I do invent that impossible gadget, I am just going to do my best to live each day without Erasable Moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment