Thursday, March 11, 2010

.....Into Dreamland

Have you ever laid awake in bed unable to fall asleep? It happens to me a lot. I have developed a few tricks to help me fall asleep, and I am going to share some of them here. Basically its just a diversion from over thinking whatever I am over thinking at the moment (currently, blog topics).

1. A,B,C Game. This works by taking a subject of any kind. Go through the alphabet and say the first word of the subject that comes to mind for each letter of the alphabet. Often my subjects are songs, celebrities, movies, sitcoms, things I am grateful for. Sometimes it works like a charm, sometimes not

2. States. Name all the 50 states. When you accomplish that, name their capitals if you are still awake. This one can backfire very easily if you get hung up on an obscure state or capital. I'm pretty good and I know that there are 4 states that start with "A" and "W", and 8 that start with "M" and "N".

3. Backwards names. Take a name and spell it backwards, then try to pronounce it (in your head of course). I go through my coworkers' names.

4. American Idol. Name all the past winners of American Idol. Not too difficult as there are only 8 (soon to be 9). But then I list off all the contestants of the top 24 (only of that particular season. My memory is quite poor).

Now that I have blogged my ration in blogs tonight, I think I will go to sleep and try one of these tricks.

2 comments:

  1. You are off and running, oh Super Blogger. I had no doubt that you have plenty to say and it is all worth the read. Keep 'em coming! And is that 8 states each for M and N, or M and N together??

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 states each for a total of 16 :)

    ReplyDelete