Saturday, March 27, 2010

Freak of Nature

Since I have revealed vajayjay issues and also revealed embarrassing Jr. High School pictures, I thought I'd stay on that train. While we're at it, I might as well walk you through the many afflictions that prove I am a freak of nature. Let the Embarrassment continue.....but its all in good fun.

First, I have super duper stretchy skin. Its stretchier than the average person. It affects my whole family and from internet research, we have diagnosed ourselves with Ehler-Danlo Syndrome or EDS. Usually our type is found in a circus pulling their bottom lip up over their nose, but we settled for quarters showing off our skin at neighborhood Tupperware parties. No lie. When I was just a wee gal, my mom showed me the neatest trick ever. She showed me how to bundle up my skin on my knee or elbow to make a penis!!

My stretchy skin has made for some pretty interesting conversations and people who may not necessarily remember me, usually remembers my stretchy skin. At least I am remembered for Something. Even if it is for a Penis Knee.

Affliction #2: My hands. My hands have a million bazillion lines in them. I call them "old lady hands". I have had old hands ever since I was young so it isn't something that just appeared. Years ago I went to a palm reader just for shits and giggles. She told me my palm was unreadable because of all the lines. Then she said I had multiple personalities. Maybe.

I just like to think that I have had many many past lives and they are all reflected in my palm.

Affliction #3: Eye strings. Sorry no real photo available at this time. I get these odd fiber like strings that appear in my eyeball and I have to dig them out! Its like a long strand of a very tiny hair encased with booger stuff. They hurt and make my eye puffy and red. When the occur, I get obsessed with them and must dig them out, but when I pull out those suckers, its immediate relief.


Affliction #4: Varicose Veins. Well, I used to have them. Thanks to my mom and grandma, I was blessed with the atrocity of varicose veins. Ugly, ugly, ugly. As I aged, they only got worse so I had a very minor surgery to rid myself of their presence. Only now I am left with something more disturbing. Now I have little brown holes all over my leg. Thirty-one holes to be exact.

My skin, being I have EDS, does not heal like most peoples' skin. Instead, it forms keloids, or fatty masses, when I get an injury. So now I have 31 little Keloids all over my leg which is just as, if not more, unsightly than those purple bulging veins.

Affliction #5: Clicky Hip. Sometime after age 30, I developed a new talent. When I walk, I click. Simple as that. It sounds horrible; I could probably have a conversation with a remote African tribe just from the sounds of my hip, but it does not hurt at all.


Oh, the embarrassment! Complete with pictures and all! What a lucky person you are to be privy to this circus-eligible resume.

2 comments:

  1. best post yet! Penis knee...I love it! LOL I hadn't ever seen that talent of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takin' it to a new level. Love it! Cracking me up all over the place. Especially the angry palm reader, what an amateur. Although the multiple personality thing could lead to some great fun...

    ReplyDelete